MC Automotive Technology student finds way to succeed


Thomas Bolin, a student at Midland College Automotive, embodies Mark Twain's famous quote: "Find a job you enjoy doing and you won't have to work a day in your life."

"I've always loved tinkering with things," said Bolin. “I enjoy seeing how things work and how they go right. My father used to be a carpenter and when I was growing up I helped him build houses. Now I am learning a lot of hands-on learning every day in MC's Automotive Technology program at the Advanced Technology Center. I get to know a lot of new people, which is a great experience for me. "

Thomas Bolin excels at MC while living with dyslexia, a disorder that causes difficulty reading and understanding, and dysgraphia, a disorder with writing.

“My mother was a teacher and was very helpful in growing up,” he said. “I come from Monahans and ultimately chose MC because it was close to my home. Since I had dyslexia, it was easier to be at home with my mother so she could help me with my homework when I needed her. "

“Thomas doesn't like school and school has been very difficult for him in the past,” admitted Bolin's mother, Kandace. “As a parent, I can say that MC was something extraordinary and extraordinary for my child. When he took his first test in his freshman semester and got 100 points, I exclaimed, 'Oh, print it out and put it in the fridge!' MC's faculty and staff are so helpful, from the bookstore to the registry office - everyone helped Thomas with no questions asked. This was an amazing experience as he came to school during the very confusing time of COVID-19 in 2020! ”

Thomas Bolin constantly strives for success. He fondly remembers coming to class early just to connect with faculty, staff, and students at MC. Bolin talked a lot about how these interactions and friendships helped him excel in school.

“I didn't know much about cars when I started,” he said. “I have to admit that at first I didn't really understand what we were doing, but I got involved. I stayed after class and talked to my professors like Mr. Pete Avalos. I would only get to know him better on a personal level, so it never felt like asking for extra help. Whenever I saw and knew what we were doing, professors like Mr. Avalos stayed behind and helped me because we knew each other better than friends. This connection helped me to understand course topics more clearly. "

“I cannot say enough about the professors; they're amazing, ”said Kandace. “They give the students their phone numbers and say 'call us if you need us' and they mean business. Thomas did an internship at Atlas Sand this summer, completely outside of school, and if he had any questions, including about the class, he texted his professors and they answered him. I think the technical side of MC is for people like Thomas who don't want to go to college but find their passion practical. "

Thomas Bolin has completed his internship at Atlas Sand and will continue where he will work on ATVs, trucks and heavy machinery. He was able to apply and continue to apply the knowledge acquired at MC to all mobile devices.

Not only was Bolin motivated to do a summer internship and drive the two-hour round trip four days a week, but he is so motivated and ambitious that he received scholarships from the Monahans community to spend all of his school days on MC. to pay . Thomas Bolin liked MC's automotive program so much that he has a detailed plan for his future.

“I have another year in the automotive division at MC and my plan is to go back and get my diesel license,” he said. "Then I think about getting my aircraft technology license to work on airplanes too, so hopefully I can work on anything that is diesel or gasoline."

Bolin has important advice for others who may have dyslexia and dysgraphia:

"Don't be afraid; take a step forward; join in and try it. You don't know until you've tried at least once. Don't let a learning disability hold you back from the dream you want to pursue because it can In fact, helping you a lot if you let it. It can become a skill when you do something you love. MC can handle hardships no matter what they are. "


continue reading http://dailytechnonewsllc.com/mc-automotive-technology-student-finds-way-to-succeed/?feed_id=2592&_unique_id=61acf28004de1

Commentaires

Posts les plus consultés de ce blog

Projections for the gambling industry for 2022

Tremendous scope for India-US cooperation in health technology and pharma, says expert

Global Home Sleep Screening Wearable Devices Market Insights Report, Forecast to 2027 – KSU