RA.807 Fort Romeau ⟋ RA Podcast


RA.807 Fort Romeau RA Podcast
  • A three-hour journey, and we mean a journey through downtempo, disco and techno.
  • Fort Romeau approaches dance music like a songwriter. Even his club beer traces have a big heart and bigger melodies with lush, lively textures that make them sound vital even away from the dance floor. It is characterized by the album format - we look forward to his a new- for this reason, and he can put his stamp on from disco to deep house to post-punk and everything else that appeals to him. We could go on, but it's worth just diving in and talking about this mix. After nearly three hours, it's epic, adventurous, and narrative, broken into three parts that roughly outline his state of mind from being locked out of Covid-19 - hesitant, lost, confused - and back to the world of dance music. It flows beautifully, full of vintage house, ambient techno and brand new cuts and ends with a trance and jungle influenced stretch that makes you feel like you're floating in the air. It is worth listening to it all in one session. You will thank us later. What are you grateful for today? I feel like I've always been very grateful to be able to make a living doing music and DJing, especially from a background where a job in the arts wasn't seen as a viable option. To be able to weather the Covid-19 storm so far and hopefully get through the other side makes me especially grateful. How and where was the mix recorded and can you tell us the idea behind it? This mix was recorded in my makeshift bedroom studio just before Covid-19 hit I was planning to move studio space but was still looking for a new room and only had all of my gear in my bedroom in the corner of the room. I have a love-hate relationship with home work, I never make up my mind. As for the "how", it's a real mix, the first part of the mix is ​​really a collage that was pretty meticulously put together on the computer in Ableton. Then there are sections that are vinyl mixes and also a section that was only recorded with the Rekordbox software as I don't have any CDJs at home. Then everything is sewn together in Ableton. I usually like to record live mixes and just see what happens, but that approach wouldn't have worked for a mix like this. This mixture is really a reflection of my life and my psyche over the past 18 months. There was a long time when I really wondered if I would ever hang up again, everyone was livestreaming and posting club mixes and I just couldn't join in, it felt like all of this music was suddenly out of context , It didn't make sense in a world where clubs just don't exist. So the first section of this mix was done in isolation and somehow served as an exploration of that borderline, semi-conscious dream space that I felt I lived in for most of the past year. I often wake up at 3 or 4 a.m. and listen to some of these tracks and fall asleep again with the music playing in my subconscious, hence the name of the first part of this mix. The second half reflects the transition from that very private island space I lived in to an outward-facing optimistic and solemn mindset as things opened up and the possibility of normal life seemed possible again. We're still not quite there, but I think there's light at the end of the tunnel, reasons to be hopeful. Your new album and the inspiration behind it—the photography and your reaction - sounds pretty intoxicating. How do you bring these ideas into dance music? I often tend to think of music in visual terms so it was really a starting point that got me thinking about different ideas and concepts. [Photographer] Steven Arnold was an artist whose work occupied a dream-like metaphysical realm while also exploring material subjects such as beauty, homosexuality, and the human form. He created these celestial and elegant tableaus from cheaply put together everyday found objects and elevated them to something extraordinary. I think his work also appeals to me because of its duality - the tension between fantasy and reality, the ethereal and material, truth and lies are concepts that I find very interesting, both in relation to our understanding of art, as well as how we define ourselves and relate to the world around us. I am always drawn to artists with their own point of view, who can draw from many sources to create something unique. Creating a musically cohesive world, out of many different influences, is something I always try and it's something I wanted to reflect on my podcast. Bringing different strands together into a single story is the most challenging and rewarding part of both DJing and making music for me. You recently played your first appearance after Covid. How was that for you and do you have the feeling that your relationship with or your approach to dance music and DJing has changed? It was very strange for the first ten or fifteen minutes, but then it's like riding a bike, it felt very natural and somehow nothing had happened. It was great to be able to play again, but I'm still not convinced that we are not out of the woods with Covid-19. I think the pandemic has reinforced how fundamental connecting and coming together is to us as humans. No amount of live streaming or virtual reality gigs can ever replace the original need to get together and dance. What is a social or political reason that the world should pay more attention to? There are so many problems that concern me, it is almost impossible to answer that question. On a very human level, I find something deeply disturbing and shocking about the way people who seek refuge have been and continue to be treated. In Europe, people drown and freeze to death on our doorstep every day. Others are trapped and hopeless in inhumane living conditions. It is a problem that stems from many of the world's injustices caused by war, persecution, climate crisis, global inequality, poverty, etc. It is really shameful and shows a complete lack of humanity. People who seek security and dignity for themselves and their families are not only vilified, but also those who try to save lives at sea or on our borders are criminalized. I feel like the desperate scenes we see on the news have almost normalized, but they're so far from normal. The organizations to be supported include Spanish NGOs Open arms rescuing people in distress; and British charities Choose love who did a great job changing the narrative about refugees and supported many grassroots projects around the world. What are you going to do next Mainly working on new music, planning the release of my LP, starting a new monthly radio show on Balamii, planning some releases on my label "Cin Cin", doing a few remixes and then looking forward to next year and more DJing, keep your fingers crossed !?
  • Track list
      Part I: In the deep black night of the morning Extract I Nine Inch Nails - Together Frank Fairfield - The Dying Cowboy Aphex Twin - Blue Calx Rhythm & Sound - Distance Extract II Aphex Twin - Vordhosbn Extract III Popol Vuh - Ich Mache Eine Spiegel Dream part 49 The 7th Level - Excalibur's Radar Excerpt IV Excerpt V Levon Vincent - She likes to wave passing boats to Part II: The light shines through Melchior Productions LTD - Different Places Mandar - Poisoned Words (Ricardo Villalobo's Remix 1) John Talabot - Without You ( Melchior Productions Ltd Dub) Sascha Dive - Underground Is My Home French Connection - French Connection (speechless) Unknown - Unknown global communication - The Deep Melchior Productions LTD - The Call (Thomas Stielers Sunshiner Edit) QuinzeQuinze - Bolero (DJ Deep Remix) Soulphiction - Ballin 'Masters At Work - We Did It For Years Damiano Von Erckert - Moons Eden Burns - Invercargirl Jerome Sydenham & Kerri Chandler - Powder (Deep At Legends Mix) Evans Pyram id - Never Gonna Leave You (Housemix) ItaloJohnson - B2 Violet - Espirito Garrett David - Don't Fuck With Querns Roman Flügel & Tiga - Look To The Sky Barker - E7-E5 Willow - Strawberry Moon Epilog: So This Is Love Cloud 9 - Blissful Ignorance (Remix) Cloud 9 - Mr Logic (Remix) PFM - Love And Happiness Source Direct - Modem Essence of Aura - So that's love

continue reading https://dailytechnonewsllc.com/ra-807-fort-romeau-%e2%9f%8b-ra-podcast/?feed_id=3327&_unique_id=61b9728c4c593

Commentaires

Posts les plus consultés de ce blog

Projections for the gambling industry for 2022

Tremendous scope for India-US cooperation in health technology and pharma, says expert

Global Home Sleep Screening Wearable Devices Market Insights Report, Forecast to 2027 – KSU